Monday, March 2, 2009

It's March! Hooray!


Sure couldn't tell it yesterday, but March is finally here. I am so glad. That means a few more weeks and Spring will officially arrive. Well, at least on the calendar. But although we had snow yesterday, we'll have warm, sunny 70+degree weather later this week and the weekend. Hooray! And yes, the snow is all gone. It snowed steady for several hours. The pic on the right was taken early. Before it quit snowing, all the plants were pretty much covered. Once the sun came out, it was gone within an hour.

Hard to imagine these bare little beds having pretty flowers in them, but they will soon.

I know. You folks up north are laughing at our little dusting of snow. But for Alabama, this is a big deal! We broke out everything and anything we could find to slide down the hills. I watched college students sliding on trash can lids, cookie sheets, shower curtains, boxes, clothes baskets, and plastic storage bins. It was hilarious!

I planted some seeds indoors a few weeks ago. They came up pretty well, but I have very poor lighting in my house, so they are long and scragly. If I try that again, I MUST invest in a light for them. Better to wait on warmer weather and plant outside. I'm learning.

No comments: